What we do in the privacy of our bathrooms isn't normally up for discussion, however, this is a holistic health podcast in which I am committed to bringing you info that will help you achieve optimal health.
In this episode, Dr. Heidi shares that our bowel movements are directly connected to our health. If we have constipation or diarrhea it can affect many aspects of our well-being, including our mood, energy, immune system and toxin elimination!
You may think you're all set when it comes to your bowel movements but Dr. Heidi teaches how you can achieve OPTIMAL digestive health that will lead to GREAT bowel movements!
Please share this episode with those loved ones in your life that you know struggle in the bathroom. Dr. Heidi is passionate about helping everyone achieve the perfect poop for optimal health!
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
Your gut health plays a direct role in your mood!
The average American only poops 1 - 2 times a week!
For OPTIMAL health, we should have a bowel movement 1 to 3 times a DAY!
The color of your stool is related to your liver, toxin elimination and bile.
Constipation means you are dehydrated and reabsorbing toxins your liver was trying to get rid of!
Health AH-HA Moment:
Great BMs mean your body is optimally hydrated, removing and not reabsorbing toxins, supporting its immune system, optimally absorbing micro and macro nutrients and establishing an internal environment that stimulates your body to feel happy!
To achieve and maintain healthy bowel movements:
1. Drink adequate water daily - Listen to episode #04 with Dr. Molly
2. Eat around 25g of fiber a day - Apples, pears, berries, green veggies, beans and dark squash are all good sources of fiber.
3. Eat healthy fats daily - Nuts, seeds, avocado, eggs and fish are all good sources of healthy fats.
4. Salt your food to taste with sea salt.
5. Take a liquid multimineral supplement daily according to your body weight (http://takeyoursupplements.com/ for more info on the best supplements to take)
6. Practice deep breathing and walking daily.
7. Consume foods that contain probiotics - Listen to episode 22!
For those who, after implementing these steps, still suffer from constipation listen to Dr. Heidi's further advice on constipation fixes.
To order the supplements our Naturopathic doctors take and recommend visit: